life lately...

...has just been a bit crazy, and about to get crazier.

The view from the Friday night hayride at KKG Leadership Academy. 

1. Um, so first of all we are already mid-way through September. What.

2. I've already had an essay and an examination turned in. So I guess we've reached that point where us students have to be accountable for what we are reading.

3. I just got back from Kappa Kappa Gamma Leadership Academy.

I feel so honored to have been able to represent my chapter at this annual leadership conference. It was wonderful to meet so many new sisters--some current students like myself, others who are proud mothers, grandmothers, marathon runners and business leaders. Spending an entire weekend with these ladies to discuss ways to model leadership, ways to bring a vision to life and ways to up our standards to a whole new level has been so inspiring.

I learned so much this weekend about my leadership style, how to inspire and involve others, and how to look beyond my own objectives. I've really thought about how I've been contributing to my chapter and how we can make it better and better.  One of the most surprising things I learned was how awesome I feel when I am channeling my energy into one specific thing. It was kind of nice to step away from everything for a while and just focus on Kappa. I took a break from school work and my other extra-curricular projects and just dived into the sorority spirit.

But now I guess I have to re-enter the real world.



4. And because I haven't looked at a book since last Wednesday afternoon (and I'm writing this Sunday night) and there was no internet connection in the lovely (but cold) woods of Ohio, this means I have to get back to the mountains and mountains of reading, emails and appointments I have to do. 

5. On top of the fact that we are about to start Kappa recruitment this week and it is also a particularly busy week for the Leadership Institute at Yale. 

6. But what I REALLY want to be doing is walking around campus, enjoying the crisp air and sipping salted caramel mochas. 

7. So I've made a bit of a compromise-- During my study breaks you can basically find me perusing this fall-themed tumblr.  Also this one. And this one

8. My time on the planes and the latest issue of Health magazine has really made me want to give running a good honest try. So I guess what I actually really want to be doing is enjoying the crisp air, sipping salted caramel mochas and hitting up that treadmill. 

9. And not gonna lie I really want to just trade in my wardrobe for all Kappa all the time. 

{source}

I'm going to bed now. 


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

/* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Monday, September 16, 2013

life lately...

...has just been a bit crazy, and about to get crazier.

The view from the Friday night hayride at KKG Leadership Academy. 

1. Um, so first of all we are already mid-way through September. What.

2. I've already had an essay and an examination turned in. So I guess we've reached that point where us students have to be accountable for what we are reading.

3. I just got back from Kappa Kappa Gamma Leadership Academy.

I feel so honored to have been able to represent my chapter at this annual leadership conference. It was wonderful to meet so many new sisters--some current students like myself, others who are proud mothers, grandmothers, marathon runners and business leaders. Spending an entire weekend with these ladies to discuss ways to model leadership, ways to bring a vision to life and ways to up our standards to a whole new level has been so inspiring.

I learned so much this weekend about my leadership style, how to inspire and involve others, and how to look beyond my own objectives. I've really thought about how I've been contributing to my chapter and how we can make it better and better.  One of the most surprising things I learned was how awesome I feel when I am channeling my energy into one specific thing. It was kind of nice to step away from everything for a while and just focus on Kappa. I took a break from school work and my other extra-curricular projects and just dived into the sorority spirit.

But now I guess I have to re-enter the real world.



4. And because I haven't looked at a book since last Wednesday afternoon (and I'm writing this Sunday night) and there was no internet connection in the lovely (but cold) woods of Ohio, this means I have to get back to the mountains and mountains of reading, emails and appointments I have to do. 

5. On top of the fact that we are about to start Kappa recruitment this week and it is also a particularly busy week for the Leadership Institute at Yale. 

6. But what I REALLY want to be doing is walking around campus, enjoying the crisp air and sipping salted caramel mochas. 

7. So I've made a bit of a compromise-- During my study breaks you can basically find me perusing this fall-themed tumblr.  Also this one. And this one

8. My time on the planes and the latest issue of Health magazine has really made me want to give running a good honest try. So I guess what I actually really want to be doing is enjoying the crisp air, sipping salted caramel mochas and hitting up that treadmill. 

9. And not gonna lie I really want to just trade in my wardrobe for all Kappa all the time. 


I'm going to bed now. 


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home