two years



Today, my little blog turns two. I honestly can't believe it's already been two wonderful, crazy, inspiring years since that night I created a Wordpress account and hesitantly tapped out my very first post. 

I was never one for journaling. I wanted to be the journaling type, though. Every few months I'd open a new notebook, write my name at the top of that crisp first page and take another stab at it. But it always felt weird, and I'd get self-conscious--I wanted to get these thoughts and memories on paper, but with the words running around my head, I felt like a cazy person talking to herself. Journaling can be very freeing, but it was too much of a one-way street for me. 

And then I graduated from high school. And being the highly sentimental and sometimes a little too anxious person that I am, I started freaking out about savoring the wonderful years at college and enjoying every moment I could (because honestly, I felt high school went just a little too fast). I wanted to document, to have something to look back on besides fuzzy memories and half-told tales. 

Starting a blog seemed right for me. I'd have my own place to post pictures, record memories and make my own. And with the possibility of readers, I felt like my writing had a little more purpose. It's been much more of a commitment, but every time I blog I become more and more enchanted with this community. 

It's been awesome learning the ropes, discovering creative ways to grow my blog and experiencing that wonderfully satisfying feeling of hitting the "Publish" button.

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoy your holiday weekend. 

Labels: , , , , ,

/* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Thursday, July 4, 2013

two years



Today, my little blog turns two. I honestly can't believe it's already been two wonderful, crazy, inspiring years since that night I created a Wordpress account and hesitantly tapped out my very first post. 

I was never one for journaling. I wanted to be the journaling type, though. Every few months I'd open a new notebook, write my name at the top of that crisp first page and take another stab at it. But it always felt weird, and I'd get self-conscious--I wanted to get these thoughts and memories on paper, but with the words running around my head, I felt like a cazy person talking to herself. Journaling can be very freeing, but it was too much of a one-way street for me. 

And then I graduated from high school. And being the highly sentimental and sometimes a little too anxious person that I am, I started freaking out about savoring the wonderful years at college and enjoying every moment I could (because honestly, I felt high school went just a little too fast). I wanted to document, to have something to look back on besides fuzzy memories and half-told tales. 

Starting a blog seemed right for me. I'd have my own place to post pictures, record memories and make my own. And with the possibility of readers, I felt like my writing had a little more purpose. It's been much more of a commitment, but every time I blog I become more and more enchanted with this community. 

It's been awesome learning the ropes, discovering creative ways to grow my blog and experiencing that wonderfully satisfying feeling of hitting the "Publish" button.

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoy your holiday weekend. 

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 6, 2013 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Stephen Sluder said...

Well... Absolute Congrats on turning 2!!! I always look forward to what you have to say, and love your list Blogs, and finally, am always amazed at your pics, etc.

Keep on Keepin' on... Slu

 
At July 6, 2013 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Marisol said...

Thanks Slu! I hope you are doing well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home