life lately... in pictures and bulletpoints
- Bonjour! Is it Wednesday already? I started this week off thinking I'd be super productive since I was going to start training at my new internship and all...but mostly I've been reading and running errands in between perusing the best poetry of the 21st century.
- Some nights are warm, others are cold. On one particularly nice night my friend and I walked on the beach, vined our hearts out and danced to the karaoke we could hear from across the water, at Playland.
- Yesterday I tried out this thing where I DID NOT OPEN MY LAPTOP. not even once. this is quite uncharacteristic of me (and maybe almost every other 20 year old college student). It was nice. Maybe I should try it again.
- Instead of spending time on the computer, I spent yesterday training at my internship, reading The Runaway Princess by Hester Browne, working out with a high school friend and catching up over salad (for her) and sweet potato and lobster soup (for me).
- One of our big summer projects is to go through the dozen or so shoe boxes of pictures we have in the coat closet. It's about time that we organize them, put them into albums and hang them up on the walls. It's been awesome looking at my and my brother's baby photos, our lives in New Haven, and all the vacation, birthday, christmas photos. Today I learned that my third birthday party was Pocahontas themed.
- I'm getting pretty good at this highway driving thing. Big trucks still scare me but I'm working on that. Thanks to this morning's commute, I have this song stuck in my head.