some link love

{source}

hello everyone, how is the week going? I am not really feeling myself this week--a sore throat and runny nose will do that to anyone and honestly all I want to do is sleep and eat chocolate.

for the past few days I've been helping my mom with some research, and that's been keeping me busy during the days. It's also added a bit of structure, which is kind of nice after a couple weeks of aimlessly chilling out. I feel like my days are more productive and I have some reassurance that my brain isn't turning to mush.

break time during my mini-internship consists of walks around the neighborhood, dunkin donuts runs and lots of internet surfing. here are some of my favorite finds. enjoy. :)

1. I start my internship in a few weeks and want to appear as professional as possible. I really liked Terri's reminder not to ask questions but make statements. 

2. It's Comedy Week on YouTube (I know, right? If anything will ruin your productivity, it's this.). I've been having a grand ol' time checking out all the hilarious new uploads -- I'm quite interested in how this series will work out.

3. Speaking of YouTube, these guys are my new favorite YouTube couple.

4. I really need an excuse to send some invitations or thank you cards -- these Oscar de la Renta for Paperless Post designs are gorgeous.

5. Graduation season is upon us, filled with lots of caps, gowns and inspirational words. I loved Kerry Washington's speech at George Washington University.

6. My roommate sent me this a couple days ago. Hilarious but unfortunately incredibly accurate -- communication with college suitemates/roommates is not always the most productive and efficient. The cat-on-a-roomba picture is a classic move.

7. I LOVED Sascha's post about landing her dream job and finding where she's truly happy.

what are some of your current internet favorites?

p.s. voting is still open for The Indie Chick's Badass Blog Awards! I've been nominated for "Best Newcomer Blog" and would love your support! :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

/* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

some link love


hello everyone, how is the week going? I am not really feeling myself this week--a sore throat and runny nose will do that to anyone and honestly all I want to do is sleep and eat chocolate.

for the past few days I've been helping my mom with some research, and that's been keeping me busy during the days. It's also added a bit of structure, which is kind of nice after a couple weeks of aimlessly chilling out. I feel like my days are more productive and I have some reassurance that my brain isn't turning to mush.

break time during my mini-internship consists of walks around the neighborhood, dunkin donuts runs and lots of internet surfing. here are some of my favorite finds. enjoy. :)

1. I start my internship in a few weeks and want to appear as professional as possible. I really liked Terri's reminder not to ask questions but make statements. 

2. It's Comedy Week on YouTube (I know, right? If anything will ruin your productivity, it's this.). I've been having a grand ol' time checking out all the hilarious new uploads -- I'm quite interested in how this series will work out.

3. Speaking of YouTube, these guys are my new favorite YouTube couple.

4. I really need an excuse to send some invitations or thank you cards -- these Oscar de la Renta for Paperless Post designs are gorgeous.

5. Graduation season is upon us, filled with lots of caps, gowns and inspirational words. I loved Kerry Washington's speech at George Washington University.

6. My roommate sent me this a couple days ago. Hilarious but unfortunately incredibly accurate -- communication with college suitemates/roommates is not always the most productive and efficient. The cat-on-a-roomba picture is a classic move.

7. I LOVED Sascha's post about landing her dream job and finding where she's truly happy.

what are some of your current internet favorites?

p.s. voting is still open for The Indie Chick's Badass Blog Awards! I've been nominated for "Best Newcomer Blog" and would love your support! :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home