SweetHeart VoxBox!


I can't believe midterms are finally done! The last six days were filled with exams, papers, interviews and very few hours of sleep. Midterm season hit hard and fast and honestly during these times I realized I get too caught up in assignments. I don't really make sure I take a step back and chill out every once in a while, and the stress definitely takes a toll on me physically and mentally.

So when I found my Influenster SweetHeart VoxBox* in the mail a few days ago, I thought, there couldn't be a better time! I was so happy to receive these lovely surprises...



1. Olay Fresh Effects Va-va-vivid Powered Contour Cleansing System: As someone who is at constant war with my skin, I was so excited to try this. The contour cleansing system comes with a power brush and cleanser. The power brush is designed to fit facial contours, making it particularly effective in the t-zone and hairline areas of the face. Perfect for a "mini-facial experience."

My experience: I'm glad I tried this product. Sometimes I get so frustrated with my skin that I'm willing to try or buy anything that sounds promising. The Contour Cleansing System is great, but its not for me. It left my face feeling very clean, but I did not see any improvement in overall skin smoothness, acne or redness, which are basically all my skin issues. And to be fair, it isn't like the Contour Cleansing System advertised for acne relief. I think I need a stronger power brush and a cleanser that focuses more on fighting acne.

2. Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response Deodorant in "serene citrus scent." This deodorant and antiperspirant targets stress sweat (yes! I know I didn't know stress sweat was a thing either!) and has an amazing scent.

My experience: absolute perfection. I usually don't go for solids (my go-to deodorant for years has been the original Secret roll-on) but I love it! It smells awesome, applies cleanly and lasts the entire day. I just might be a convert.

3. Skinnygirl Daily On-the-go Bars in Coco-nut. This coconut and peanut butter-flavored power bar is the perfect snack to tie me over until dinner time. They are gluten free, tons of fiber and protein and not a lot of carbs. Plus they are super yummy and filling. I really think I should stock up, because as college students we are always for some reason foraging for food. So while I'm working on my essays at 3 a.m. it would be good for me to reach for one of these Skinnygirl bars instead of those evil Reese's peanut butter cups.

4. Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray. This spray leaves your hair looking like you spent a day at the beach. It has natural sea salt and sea kelp which gives hair a wavy, matte look.

My experience: I bought this exact product at an Urban Outfitters a few months ago. While it certainly isn't part of my everyday hair routine, I do like spritzing it on my hair every once in a while, particularly right after I get out of the shower. I am excited to now have this in travel size! It'll be perfect for spring break in Miami...

Which is where I am now! We arrived early yesterday morning and I have been loving the sunshine, the breeze and our beautiful ocean view.

A sneak at some of the products I packed...



Oh heyy there secret clinical strength and NYM's sea salt spray...

Hope you are all having a fabulous, fabulous day.

xx, M

PS: check out my Spring Break 2013 pinterest board, featuring all my VoxBox items and more!

*Disclaimer: I received these products complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster. All opinions are my own!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

/* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Thursday, March 21, 2013

SweetHeart VoxBox!


I can't believe midterms are finally done! The last six days were filled with exams, papers, interviews and very few hours of sleep. Midterm season hit hard and fast and honestly during these times I realized I get too caught up in assignments. I don't really make sure I take a step back and chill out every once in a while, and the stress definitely takes a toll on me physically and mentally.

So when I found my Influenster SweetHeart VoxBox* in the mail a few days ago, I thought, there couldn't be a better time! I was so happy to receive these lovely surprises...



1. Olay Fresh Effects Va-va-vivid Powered Contour Cleansing System: As someone who is at constant war with my skin, I was so excited to try this. The contour cleansing system comes with a power brush and cleanser. The power brush is designed to fit facial contours, making it particularly effective in the t-zone and hairline areas of the face. Perfect for a "mini-facial experience."

My experience: I'm glad I tried this product. Sometimes I get so frustrated with my skin that I'm willing to try or buy anything that sounds promising. The Contour Cleansing System is great, but its not for me. It left my face feeling very clean, but I did not see any improvement in overall skin smoothness, acne or redness, which are basically all my skin issues. And to be fair, it isn't like the Contour Cleansing System advertised for acne relief. I think I need a stronger power brush and a cleanser that focuses more on fighting acne.

2. Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response Deodorant in "serene citrus scent." This deodorant and antiperspirant targets stress sweat (yes! I know I didn't know stress sweat was a thing either!) and has an amazing scent.

My experience: absolute perfection. I usually don't go for solids (my go-to deodorant for years has been the original Secret roll-on) but I love it! It smells awesome, applies cleanly and lasts the entire day. I just might be a convert.

3. Skinnygirl Daily On-the-go Bars in Coco-nut. This coconut and peanut butter-flavored power bar is the perfect snack to tie me over until dinner time. They are gluten free, tons of fiber and protein and not a lot of carbs. Plus they are super yummy and filling. I really think I should stock up, because as college students we are always for some reason foraging for food. So while I'm working on my essays at 3 a.m. it would be good for me to reach for one of these Skinnygirl bars instead of those evil Reese's peanut butter cups.

4. Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray. This spray leaves your hair looking like you spent a day at the beach. It has natural sea salt and sea kelp which gives hair a wavy, matte look.

My experience: I bought this exact product at an Urban Outfitters a few months ago. While it certainly isn't part of my everyday hair routine, I do like spritzing it on my hair every once in a while, particularly right after I get out of the shower. I am excited to now have this in travel size! It'll be perfect for spring break in Miami...

Which is where I am now! We arrived early yesterday morning and I have been loving the sunshine, the breeze and our beautiful ocean view.

A sneak at some of the products I packed...



Oh heyy there secret clinical strength and NYM's sea salt spray...

Hope you are all having a fabulous, fabulous day.

xx, M

PS: check out my Spring Break 2013 pinterest board, featuring all my VoxBox items and more!

*Disclaimer: I received these products complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster. All opinions are my own!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home