...I'm reading to welcome me into my twenties.
There's always something about a new day, a new year, a new decade that gets me really excited about a fresh start. I start off focused, with a clear mind and lots of exciting promises.
Here are just a few things I've been reading to get me excited about my twenties:
1. Julianna Morlet's blog post series: What no one told me about my 20's. I particularly liked Colleen's post, "In My 20s, I Have Complete Freedom and a Tremendous Amount of Pressure."
2. 20 Things Every Person in Their 20's Should Totally Avoid. On avoiding small horizons: As a nomad on a boat crossing the Gambia River once told me, "Travel while you're still young, stupid and broke."
3. You know you're in your 20's when...
4. 19 Things to Stop Doing in Your 20s: A very strong reminder that we are not done growing up (but who is?)
5. 100 things to do in your 20s. This list was so inspiring and had a lovely mix of the ambitious and adventurous ("Camp out every once in a while, and enjoy sleeping under the stars") with the practical and simple ("Go to the dentist and eye doctor regularly").
happy friday, everyone!