Right now I am sitting on the couch, next to our beautiful Christmas tree, and just enjoying the feeling that tonight I can sleep and not wake up dreadfully early to start another paper or keep studying for a test.
It feels so good to be home. I'm done with finals (for now...) and I have about a month off for winter break and I'm just really really looking forward to spending it with my family and celebrating the holidays.
If you didn't get the hint from my last few posts, I'm kind of a Christmas geek. And now that I'm not at school anymore, I very much intend on spending the next few days totally immersed in all things Chrismassy.
This basically sums it all up:
I'm hoping this break will be that wonderful mix of relaxing but productive. I don't have much that has to get done, but I do want to start in on a few things. So try to hold me to these, will you?
This winter break, I would very much like to:
- get super ahead in my studying for neuroscience and econ finals
- read all my December magazines...in the month of December (because really, who likes reading old horoscopes?)
- declare a major (I know!)
- formulate a game plan for attacking summer internship/opportunity applications
- update my resume
- take Harry my dog out for walks around the neighborhood
- start in on a few extracurricular projects
- update this blog much more often!
- also change a few things on the blog that have needed updating...
- reading for fun!
- stay updated on the news every day
- catch up with high school friends
- make avocado fritters
- find a new hobby (any suggestions?)
- organize my iTunes library (what do you all think of the new iTunes? I like it!)
If you're not a big Vampire Diaries fan, then I suggest nodding off to this, my new favorite Christmas song: