Home!

Right now I am sitting on the couch, next to our beautiful Christmas tree, and just enjoying the feeling that tonight I can sleep and not wake up dreadfully early to start another paper or keep studying for a test.

It feels so good to be home. I'm done with finals (for now...) and I have about a month off for winter break and I'm just really really looking forward to spending it with my family and celebrating the holidays.

If you didn't get the hint from my last few posts, I'm kind of a Christmas geek. And now that I'm not at school anymore, I very much intend on spending the next few days totally immersed in all things Chrismassy.

This basically sums it all up:

 
{source}

I'm hoping this break will be that wonderful mix of relaxing but productive. I don't have much that has to get done, but I do want to start in on a few things. So try to hold me to these, will you?

This winter break, I would very much like to:
But for now, I shall gently fall asleep to the sounds of Vampire Diaries.

If you're not a big Vampire Diaries fan, then I suggest nodding off to this, my new favorite Christmas song: 


good night!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

/* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Home!

Right now I am sitting on the couch, next to our beautiful Christmas tree, and just enjoying the feeling that tonight I can sleep and not wake up dreadfully early to start another paper or keep studying for a test.

It feels so good to be home. I'm done with finals (for now...) and I have about a month off for winter break and I'm just really really looking forward to spending it with my family and celebrating the holidays.

If you didn't get the hint from my last few posts, I'm kind of a Christmas geek. And now that I'm not at school anymore, I very much intend on spending the next few days totally immersed in all things Chrismassy.

This basically sums it all up:

{source}

I'm hoping this break will be that wonderful mix of relaxing but productive. I don't have much that has to get done, but I do want to start in on a few things. So try to hold me to these, will you?

This winter break, I would very much like to:
  • get super ahead in my studying for neuroscience and econ finals
  • read all my December magazines...in the month of December (because really, who likes reading old horoscopes?) 
  • declare a major (I know!)
  • formulate a game plan for attacking summer internship/opportunity applications
  • update my resume
  • take Harry my dog out for walks around the neighborhood
  • start in on a few extracurricular projects 
  • update this blog much more often! 
  • also change a few things on the blog that have needed updating...
  • reading for fun!
  • stay updated on the news every day
  • catch up with high school friends 
  • make avocado fritters
  • find a new hobby (any suggestions?)
  • organize my iTunes library (what do you all think of the new iTunes? I like it!)
But for now, I shall gently fall asleep to the sounds of Vampire Diaries.

If you're not a big Vampire Diaries fan, then I suggest nodding off to this, my new favorite Christmas song: 


good night!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At December 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM , Blogger Kaeley Clements said...

I am sooo jealous!! You so lucky to off school. Admittedly you are in college, and I am only in high school but still. We don't get off for break until Friday. That is three days before Christmas!!! Four if you count Friday. I hate it. What makes it worse is we have the week of Christmas, then just Monday and Tuesday of the next week. Cruel. Not to mention dumb AP homework I get to do over the break. Yippee. Enough for my rant.
-:)

 
At December 18, 2012 at 8:04 PM , Blogger Marisol said...

:( High school schedules suck! but you have college breaks to look forward to. :) good luck with AP homework and definitely take a break to enjoy the holidays! thanks for reading!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home