October, you've been good. It was a very busy month with midterms, parent's weekend, october break, miss hurricane sandy and halloween. here are some highlights...
• I watched the presidential debates and voted for the first time ever.
• I had three papers and two midterms all within one week. it was not fun.
• I saw my parents and my brother for family weekend. that was fun.
• I was very much in the letter-writing mood. I sent out a total of two birthday cards.
I had Halloween cards but Miss Sandy kind of kept me from sending those out as well...
• Lots of Hershey kisses were eaten. I sometimes like to make designs with the foil wrappers... oh yes, we also experimented with some food carts.
• I got into the Halloween spirit...even though I didn't dress up.
• fall finally came, with the beautiful leaves and the crisp chilly air.
• I went home for a few days for october break. it was so nice to see my family and sleep in a bed that isn't lofted a million feet up.
• while at home I picked out some pumpkins and eyed the corn and scarecrows with envy.
• while at home I also ate lots and lots of good food. like chipotle. and my mommy's home cooking.
• and my brother finally got his gifts that took forever in the mail. (I told you I was in a Disney mood.)
• Hurricane Sandy made the history books. Yale classes cancelled for two days, something that hasn't been done since the 70s, I believe.
• I saw the Yale Symphony Orchestra's annual midnight Halloween show. It was very well done.
• I've already started planning for the holidays. I've started my wishlist. I have window decorations for my dorm, and yes, the holiday hippo will definitely be gracing our lawn this year. I made sure of that.
in all, I'm quite happy. how was your October?
Labels: christmas, college, election, fall, food, halloween, october, school, studying, university, voting