links, randoms, and the general check-in

Oh, my goodness. Midterms are officially over for me, and I do consider myself one of the luckier ones because all my tests and essays are done with and I have a few days on campus to just chill out and enjoy these beautiful October mornings. (Forgive my sentence structure).


As fascinating as it was to research enclosure in 16th century England...


Just two more days of classes and I am on a train home for Yale's first-ever, in all of history, Fall Break.  The college was definitely needing some sort of break between August and November. I remember from last year that we were all super tired and just all-around burned-out. This will be a really nice time to see my family, catch up on reading, maybe make some pumpkin bread?, visit Target (my sanctuary) and maybe just maybe start the new season of Vampire Diaries.

I know. Super. Big. Plans.

But I really can't tell you how excited I am to see this guy:


Why can't we have dogs in dorms again? Anyway Harry wouldn't be able to handle the five floor walkup. I sometimes can't handle the five floor walkup. Stupid rooming draws. 

And now for some more random things that have been on my mind...

So, as I mentioned before, I'm in a big Disney mood since I bought my brother's birthday gifts. I now have my eye on this Sephora Cinderella eyeshadow palette. The names of the shadows--Glass Slipper, Pumpkin Coach, Drizella--are so cute.

Even though I am still in college and have quite a while to go, I really can't get enough of Jenny Blake's site, Life After College. There are so many great tools, resources and articles on how to achieve your goals, stay organized and be on top of your game (whatever game that may be). Definitely check out her post about awesome resources for new small business owners--I don't even know what I want to do with my life but this has definitely got me excited! :)

Last Friday I was honored to be invited to guest post on a friend Davis's blog, Find My Motivation. Davis posts every single day and he always has some new trick up his sleeve (literally! he's amazing at card tricks!) on how you can get motivated, set goals and succeed. You can find my post here.

We are just a few days away from the end of October and the official beginning of NaNoWriMo season! Now, I've never completed a National Novel Writing Month Challenge on my own before. In high school we had this awesome project where we each night one of us wrote the next chapter of an ongoing book. It made for one seriously funny but very confusing book but it was super fun. Now, I'm not even going to try right now to write a 50,000-word novel in a month. I do however want to honor this season of writing. A couple weeks ago I picked up 642 Things to Write About. So maybe I'll do a prompt a day? One of my goals is to start writing regularly, so while this doesn't seem much, accomplishing this would actually feel pretty cool for me. Maybe at the end of the month I'll post some highlights of my writing-prompt adventure. :)

I really really want to start incorporating these fill-in-the-blank notices into my everyday life.

I recently joined LearnVest. Taking control of my finances has been something I've wanted to get serious about for quite some time. Because I'm a college student and still dependent on my parents, my finances are pretty straight forward--but that doesn't mean I can't make a budget for myself, or read up on money management.

happy weekend everyone! what are you all up to?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

/* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Saturday, October 20, 2012

links, randoms, and the general check-in

Oh, my goodness. Midterms are officially over for me, and I do consider myself one of the luckier ones because all my tests and essays are done with and I have a few days on campus to just chill out and enjoy these beautiful October mornings. (Forgive my sentence structure).


As fascinating as it was to research enclosure in 16th century England...


Just two more days of classes and I am on a train home for Yale's first-ever, in all of history, Fall Break.  The college was definitely needing some sort of break between August and November. I remember from last year that we were all super tired and just all-around burned-out. This will be a really nice time to see my family, catch up on reading, maybe make some pumpkin bread?, visit Target (my sanctuary) and maybe just maybe start the new season of Vampire Diaries.

I know. Super. Big. Plans.

But I really can't tell you how excited I am to see this guy:


Why can't we have dogs in dorms again? Anyway Harry wouldn't be able to handle the five floor walkup. I sometimes can't handle the five floor walkup. Stupid rooming draws. 

And now for some more random things that have been on my mind...

So, as I mentioned before, I'm in a big Disney mood since I bought my brother's birthday gifts. I now have my eye on this Sephora Cinderella eyeshadow palette. The names of the shadows--Glass Slipper, Pumpkin Coach, Drizella--are so cute.

Even though I am still in college and have quite a while to go, I really can't get enough of Jenny Blake's site, Life After College. There are so many great tools, resources and articles on how to achieve your goals, stay organized and be on top of your game (whatever game that may be). Definitely check out her post about awesome resources for new small business owners--I don't even know what I want to do with my life but this has definitely got me excited! :)

Last Friday I was honored to be invited to guest post on a friend Davis's blog, Find My Motivation. Davis posts every single day and he always has some new trick up his sleeve (literally! he's amazing at card tricks!) on how you can get motivated, set goals and succeed. You can find my post here.

We are just a few days away from the end of October and the official beginning of NaNoWriMo season! Now, I've never completed a National Novel Writing Month Challenge on my own before. In high school we had this awesome project where we each night one of us wrote the next chapter of an ongoing book. It made for one seriously funny but very confusing book but it was super fun. Now, I'm not even going to try right now to write a 50,000-word novel in a month. I do however want to honor this season of writing. A couple weeks ago I picked up 642 Things to Write About. So maybe I'll do a prompt a day? One of my goals is to start writing regularly, so while this doesn't seem much, accomplishing this would actually feel pretty cool for me. Maybe at the end of the month I'll post some highlights of my writing-prompt adventure. :)

I really really want to start incorporating these fill-in-the-blank notices into my everyday life.

I recently joined LearnVest. Taking control of my finances has been something I've wanted to get serious about for quite some time. Because I'm a college student and still dependent on my parents, my finances are pretty straight forward--but that doesn't mean I can't make a budget for myself, or read up on money management.

happy weekend everyone! what are you all up to?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 11, 2013 at 4:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home