Some Semester Goals

So it's already been a little over a week of classes. Reading and problem sets have started. All my sections are scheduled, Kappa meetings have started and we've all found some strategic ways to avoid our fifth floor suite as long as possible. I'm finally getting into the regular groove of things. :)

So now that the weekend's starting and I have some legit work to get done, I thought I'd take the time to sit down and think about what I want to achieve this semester.

So, in no particular order...here goes:

1. keep up with all readings. with five classes which are all pretty reading-intensive, there's hundreds of pages of reading a week. last year I was always a little (or, a lot!) behind in reading for some classes. this year I'm making a huge effort to keep up--the payoff will be amazing once midterms and finals start up. 

source.

2. eat three solid meals a day. I skip breakfast all too often and end up having a late lunch. which means I'm not hungry for dinner. which means I end up eating whatever's around late at night. which is not always health. or wallet-friendly. or sane. 

3. keep a regular sleeping schedule. by the end of freshman year, it was physically impossible for me to fall asleep before 3 a.m. that can't happen again. it won't. 

source.

4. hit the library more. even when it's not desperate times.

5. attend more events, see more speakers. there are so many great talks, seminars and speakers on campus. it's a shame not to take advantage of them! I've been good so far... I saw Rick Santorum debate the Yale Political Union, and I'm applying for a seminar in basic web design.



6. decorate my space. so last year my suite and room could have definitely looked a bit homier and inviting. I plan on getting a couple posters, some more room lighting and some favorite family photos to brighten up the room and make it more personal. 

7. control my stress level. the monster inside of me will appear during particularly bad moments. 

8. go out more. during free time I'm much more of a hang-out type of person. seriously, if MTV did this, I would so be featured on True Life: I'm a Homebody. 

9. work out on a regular basis. not at 3 a.m. one day I will have Michelle Obama arms

10. become more involved in my various clubs and extra-curriculars. 

11. continue to blog! it's already been a bit of an issue finding the time and energy to blog. I promise promise promise blogging will not cease. I like it too much. And I have so many plans. 

see you soon! right now I have some architecture reading and an econ problem set calling my name. 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

/* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Friday, September 7, 2012

Some Semester Goals

So it's already been a little over a week of classes. Reading and problem sets have started. All my sections are scheduled, Kappa meetings have started and we've all found some strategic ways to avoid our fifth floor suite as long as possible. I'm finally getting into the regular groove of things. :)

So now that the weekend's starting and I have some legit work to get done, I thought I'd take the time to sit down and think about what I want to achieve this semester.

So, in no particular order...here goes:

1. keep up with all readings. with five classes which are all pretty reading-intensive, there's hundreds of pages of reading a week. last year I was always a little (or, a lot!) behind in reading for some classes. this year I'm making a huge effort to keep up--the payoff will be amazing once midterms and finals start up. 


2. eat three solid meals a day. I skip breakfast all too often and end up having a late lunch. which means I'm not hungry for dinner. which means I end up eating whatever's around late at night. which is not always health. or wallet-friendly. or sane. 

3. keep a regular sleeping schedule. by the end of freshman year, it was physically impossible for me to fall asleep before 3 a.m. that can't happen again. it won't. 


4. hit the library more. even when it's not desperate times.

5. attend more events, see more speakers. there are so many great talks, seminars and speakers on campus. it's a shame not to take advantage of them! I've been good so far... I saw Rick Santorum debate the Yale Political Union, and I'm applying for a seminar in basic web design.



6. decorate my space. so last year my suite and room could have definitely looked a bit homier and inviting. I plan on getting a couple posters, some more room lighting and some favorite family photos to brighten up the room and make it more personal. 

7. control my stress level. the monster inside of me will appear during particularly bad moments. 

8. go out more. during free time I'm much more of a hang-out type of person. seriously, if MTV did this, I would so be featured on True Life: I'm a Homebody. 

9. work out on a regular basis. not at 3 a.m. one day I will have Michelle Obama arms

10. become more involved in my various clubs and extra-curriculars. 

11. continue to blog! it's already been a bit of an issue finding the time and energy to blog. I promise promise promise blogging will not cease. I like it too much. And I have so many plans. 

see you soon! right now I have some architecture reading and an econ problem set calling my name. 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At September 10, 2012 at 4:09 PM , Blogger Tami Rebekah said...

Those are some great goals!! I know I am heavily influenced by my surroundings and always need a creative space to feel at ease!!
On another note.. I also need to be working out. Good luck with the semester. Ill be keeping up with you!! Have a great week.

 
At September 12, 2012 at 2:26 AM , Anonymous Zunnur said...

Looks like its going to be a busy semester for you. Hope you will achieve your goals. Reading hundreds of pages a week while having other things to do sounds stressful to me, glad that I've crossed that stage long ago :)
Don't forget to have your three solid meals and keep blogging!

 
At September 14, 2012 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Marisol said...

thank you!!

 
At September 14, 2012 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Marisol said...

definitely! thanks for stopping by!

 
At September 24, 2012 at 7:38 AM , Anonymous Bri Yan said...

Just stop and read your post, nice!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home