So it's already been a little over a week of classes. Reading and problem sets have started. All my sections are scheduled, Kappa meetings have started and we've all found some strategic ways to avoid our fifth floor suite as long as possible. I'm finally getting into the regular groove of things. :)
So now that the weekend's starting and I have some legit work to get done, I thought I'd take the time to sit down and think about what I want to achieve this semester.
So, in no particular order...here goes:
1. keep up with all readings. with five classes which are all pretty reading-intensive, there's hundreds of pages of reading a week. last year I was always a little (or, a lot!) behind in reading for some classes. this year I'm making a huge effort to keep up--the payoff will be amazing once midterms and finals start up.
2. eat three solid meals a day. I skip breakfast all too often and end up having a late lunch. which means I'm not hungry for dinner. which means I end up eating whatever's around late at night. which is not always health. or wallet-friendly. or sane.
3. keep a regular sleeping schedule. by the end of freshman year, it was physically impossible for me to fall asleep before 3 a.m. that can't happen again. it won't.
4. hit the library more. even when it's not desperate times.
5. attend more events, see more speakers. there are so many great talks, seminars and speakers on campus. it's a shame not to take advantage of them! I've been good so far... I saw Rick Santorum debate the Yale Political Union, and I'm applying for a seminar in basic web design.
6. decorate my space. so last year my suite and room could have definitely looked a bit homier and inviting. I plan on getting a couple posters, some more room lighting and some favorite family photos to brighten up the room and make it more personal.
7. control my stress level. the monster inside of me will appear during particularly bad moments.
8. go out more. during free time I'm much more of a hang-out type of person. seriously, if MTV did this, I would so be featured on True Life: I'm a Homebody.
10. become more involved in my various clubs and extra-curriculars.
11. continue to blog! it's already been a bit of an issue finding the time and energy to blog. I promise promise promise blogging will not cease. I like it too much. And I have so many plans.
see you soon! right now I have some architecture reading and an econ problem set calling my name.
Labels: college, eating, goals, healthy, mari's notebook, reading, school, semester, sleep, work