Hey all! Just thought I'd share some of the awesome things I've come across on the internet these past couple weeks. They've taken my procrastination skills to a whole new level. Enjoy!
Ah, back to school:
- Seventeen Magazine compiled an extensive list of all the discounts out there that are available to college students. I've known about some, like J. Crew and Ann Taylor Loft student discounts, but a couple took me by surprise! Some phone carriers give student discounts! I just registered my account at Verizon for my discount, so we'll see how that goes.
Some healthy living...
- As someone who is constantly at war with her skin, I found this article about causes to acne to be really really interesting and informative.
- Your brain is one of the most important things to exercise. I definitely want to work on incorporating #4 and 5 into my routine a bit more.
It's turning out to be physically impossible for me to go a few blog posts without mentioning adorable puppies.
- The article's title is Puppies Being Cute. Enough said.
- Incredible story about stray dogs in Moscow who take the subway daily to find food. What a phenomenon.
Some awesome writing tools:
- This site analyzes a writing sample and tells you which famous author's writing your sample resembles. I plugged in a bit from my post about the Empire State Building made of pennies. Apparently I write like H. P. Lovecraft.
- Hey, we can all be poets with this rhyme generator.
- Here's a pretty cool prompt generator for when you decide to start a new writing project.
Some favorite blog posts recently...
- I really enjoyed Charlotte's New Thoughts on Blogging. As the summer winds down and I prep to head back to school, I've really been thinking about how much this blog has grown and developed this summer. I've been trying to figure out for a while my reasons for blogging and what I truly want to get out of it. This blog post came at a perfect time.
- I need to get on a train. Stat.
- I can't get over how amazing these food tips are. I keep saying to myself, why didn't I think of that?
- The Slytherin in me really really wants this snake ring.
- Yesterday, August 13th, was National Left-Handers' Day! These are just some of the reasons why we are pretty darn special.
- This is kind of addicting, and I don't know why. Keep going--there's a hidden picture underneath it all!
- These are GORGEOUS!