a week and a day

So I found it very very fitting that my Instagram photo-a-day challenge for the 22nd (a.k.a. move-in day at college) was "home." Since I started here just about a year ago, I can honestly say Yale has become a second home to me. There's so many special places and people and sights and sounds. I've walked around campus at all hours of the morning. I've gone through some really awesome moments (sorority initiation, spontaneous dance parties right before midterms, sneaking boxes of cookies out of the dining hall) and some not-so-awesome moments (cranky all-nighters, rooming drama, personal issues). This school has seen me looking my best and looking my worst. And hey, I think you get to call anything home if you feel comfortable enough to walk around with no makeup and super-fuzzy slipper socks.

Coming back feels great. Getting settled, readjusting to my now-super-high lofted bed, catching up with friends and getting back into study-mode. It's all good.

So here's to the next eight months at "home."


And now, a little snapshop into my life. Since moving in, I've already...

1. checked out all of our favorite food places. It was a very nice grrrr surprise to some of us when we found out that while move-in day was the 22nd, dining halls wouldn't actually open until a week later. So yes. That meant eating out a lot. Which was fine, because New Haven is kind of known for its food. Great pizza. Best sushi deals. Delicious mac 'n' cheese. I guess the only thing it hurt was my wallet. Now that I've crashed all the go-to spots, I'm going to make more of an effort to try other new places.

2. had my first workout. But that was days ago. And I need to start working out more. But I think the five-floor walk-up to my room should be enough, right?

3. had my first job interview. It was for manuscript proofreading. I think I may have sounded a bit over-eager. I told my interviewer that performing checklists and finding errors in manuscripts are absolutely fascinating to me.

4. bought myself a really awesome t-shirt.

5. gone to Yale Health. seriously. not even a week here and I got sick. but don't worry. my sore throat's better now.

6. done laundry! I don't understand this but I guess because it's so hot that a couple outfit changes during the day are necessary....

7. shopped some kick-ass classes. Intro to the Human Brain. Early Modern England. Moral Foundations of Politics. they should keep me busy for a while. I mean, I already have about 200 pages of reading to do for tomorrow...

8. locked myself out of my room. so yes, first run-in with security. sigh. 

In all, I'm just enjoying being here, and I don't want it to go by too too fast. 

How has your week been? 

Labels: , , ,

/* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Thursday, August 30, 2012

a week and a day

So I found it very very fitting that my Instagram photo-a-day challenge for the 22nd (a.k.a. move-in day at college) was "home." Since I started here just about a year ago, I can honestly say Yale has become a second home to me. There's so many special places and people and sights and sounds. I've walked around campus at all hours of the morning. I've gone through some really awesome moments (sorority initiation, spontaneous dance parties right before midterms, sneaking boxes of cookies out of the dining hall) and some not-so-awesome moments (cranky all-nighters, rooming drama, personal issues). This school has seen me looking my best and looking my worst. And hey, I think you get to call anything home if you feel comfortable enough to walk around with no makeup and super-fuzzy slipper socks.

Coming back feels great. Getting settled, readjusting to my now-super-high lofted bed, catching up with friends and getting back into study-mode. It's all good.

So here's to the next eight months at "home."


And now, a little snapshop into my life. Since moving in, I've already...

1. checked out all of our favorite food places. It was a very nice grrrr surprise to some of us when we found out that while move-in day was the 22nd, dining halls wouldn't actually open until a week later. So yes. That meant eating out a lot. Which was fine, because New Haven is kind of known for its food. Great pizza. Best sushi deals. Delicious mac 'n' cheese. I guess the only thing it hurt was my wallet. Now that I've crashed all the go-to spots, I'm going to make more of an effort to try other new places.

2. had my first workout. But that was days ago. And I need to start working out more. But I think the five-floor walk-up to my room should be enough, right?

3. had my first job interview. It was for manuscript proofreading. I think I may have sounded a bit over-eager. I told my interviewer that performing checklists and finding errors in manuscripts are absolutely fascinating to me.

4. bought myself a really awesome t-shirt.

5. gone to Yale Health. seriously. not even a week here and I got sick. but don't worry. my sore throat's better now.

6. done laundry! I don't understand this but I guess because it's so hot that a couple outfit changes during the day are necessary....

7. shopped some kick-ass classes. Intro to the Human Brain. Early Modern England. Moral Foundations of Politics. they should keep me busy for a while. I mean, I already have about 200 pages of reading to do for tomorrow...

8. locked myself out of my room. so yes, first run-in with security. sigh. 

In all, I'm just enjoying being here, and I don't want it to go by too too fast. 

How has your week been? 

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At September 3, 2012 at 12:07 AM , Anonymous Obat Jerawat said...


I am a frequent visitor in your blogs, this post is very interesting and easy to read .... I hope to visit again

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home