a week and a day
So I found it very very fitting that my Instagram photo-a-day challenge for the 22nd (a.k.a. move-in day at college) was "home." Since I started here just about a year ago, I can honestly say Yale has become a second home to me. There's so many special places and people and sights and sounds. I've walked around campus at all hours of the morning. I've gone through some really awesome moments (sorority initiation, spontaneous dance parties right before midterms, sneaking boxes of cookies out of the dining hall) and some not-so-awesome moments (cranky all-nighters, rooming drama, personal issues). This school has seen me looking my best and looking my worst. And hey, I think you get to call anything home if you feel comfortable enough to walk around with no makeup and super-fuzzy slipper socks.
Coming back feels great. Getting settled, readjusting to my now-super-high lofted bed, catching up with friends and getting back into study-mode. It's all good.
So here's to the next eight months at "home."
And now, a little snapshop into my life. Since moving in, I've already...
1. checked out all of our favorite food places. It was a very nice
2. had my first workout. But that was days ago. And I need to start working out more. But I think the five-floor walk-up to my room should be enough, right?
3. had my first job interview. It was for manuscript proofreading. I think I may have sounded a bit over-eager. I told my interviewer that performing checklists and finding errors in manuscripts are absolutely fascinating to me.
4. bought myself a really awesome t-shirt.
5. gone to Yale Health. seriously. not even a week here and I got sick. but don't worry. my sore throat's better now.
6. done laundry! I don't understand this but I guess because it's so hot that a couple outfit changes during the day are necessary....
7. shopped some kick-ass classes. Intro to the Human Brain. Early Modern England. Moral Foundations of Politics. they should keep me busy for a while. I mean, I already have about 200 pages of reading to do for tomorrow...
8. locked myself out of my room. so yes, first run-in with security. sigh.
In all, I'm just enjoying being here, and I don't want it to go by too too fast.
How has your week been?