Life Update: One Month Countdown

This past Sunday marked the one-month countdown until move-in day for college. I'm super excited. This summer has been amazing and relaxing and just what I needed--some family time, a new job experience and just focusing on some of my own projects--but I seriously can't wait until I get back to New Haven and my new dorm and my friends and classes and Dean Flick.

Even though I did most of my college prep shopping last summer and pretty much have everything I need, there is still so much to do in this last month...

1. I have to renew my p.o. box. I haven't been to that post office since early May so I can only wonder what's been sitting in my box since then. Probably lot's of junk mail. Maybe Chase Bank will offer me $100 to open an account with them again. Banks always want to be your friend...at first. 

2. I have to give some serious thought about my major. I have to declare it by the end of second semester. Suddenly that seems way too close. 

3. I have to figure out what classes I want to look into and shop. Which refers me back to #2 because I kind of need to have an idea of what directions I'll go into in order to knock out some of the prerequisite classes for the major. Grr. 

4. I just bought some new bedsheets and bath towels at Bed Bath and Beyond. I'm sad to say that last year's buys at Target from it's dorm collection ended up being super-cheap and bad quality. My bedsheets were discolored after just one wash. So were the towels. My ultimate advice is not to skimp on the important things. And your bed is important--it's where you sleep, study, chill, watch Netflix, munch on everything bagels and read ebooks on your iPhone late into the night. Bedding is one of those things where you don't want to be cheap. 

5. I have to pack it all. I'm not sure how that's getting done. 

Anyways we have some serious thunderstorm and tornado watches going on over here. Right now I have the fan humming in the background and I'm just listening to the rain outside. Lots and lots of lightning and wind before. 

The view from the car, as we were leaving Bed Bath and Beyond. It was dark within minutes. 


Happy Thursday! 

Labels: , , ,

/* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Life Update: One Month Countdown

This past Sunday marked the one-month countdown until move-in day for college. I'm super excited. This summer has been amazing and relaxing and just what I needed--some family time, a new job experience and just focusing on some of my own projects--but I seriously can't wait until I get back to New Haven and my new dorm and my friends and classes and Dean Flick.

Even though I did most of my college prep shopping last summer and pretty much have everything I need, there is still so much to do in this last month...

1. I have to renew my p.o. box. I haven't been to that post office since early May so I can only wonder what's been sitting in my box since then. Probably lot's of junk mail. Maybe Chase Bank will offer me $100 to open an account with them again. Banks always want to be your friend...at first. 

2. I have to give some serious thought about my major. I have to declare it by the end of second semester. Suddenly that seems way too close. 

3. I have to figure out what classes I want to look into and shop. Which refers me back to #2 because I kind of need to have an idea of what directions I'll go into in order to knock out some of the prerequisite classes for the major. Grr. 

4. I just bought some new bedsheets and bath towels at Bed Bath and Beyond. I'm sad to say that last year's buys at Target from it's dorm collection ended up being super-cheap and bad quality. My bedsheets were discolored after just one wash. So were the towels. My ultimate advice is not to skimp on the important things. And your bed is important--it's where you sleep, study, chill, watch Netflix, munch on everything bagels and read ebooks on your iPhone late into the night. Bedding is one of those things where you don't want to be cheap. 

5. I have to pack it all. I'm not sure how that's getting done. 

Anyways we have some serious thunderstorm and tornado watches going on over here. Right now I have the fan humming in the background and I'm just listening to the rain outside. Lots and lots of lightning and wind before. 

The view from the car, as we were leaving Bed Bath and Beyond. It was dark within minutes. 


Happy Thursday! 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home