Life Update: Lobster Lovin'
Over fourth of July weekend, I cracked open my first lobster (with the help of my lovely aunt, of course). I was super proud of this, even though I've never been a big lobster-eating type of person. I think the taste is a bit strong. But still I was super excited to make homemade lobster salad.
Have you ever been more open to eating something once you saw firsthand how it was cooked? I think that was kind of my experience with lobster. Personally cutting up the lobster bits, adding a couple teaspoons of mayo, some hot sauce, celery and scallions--let's just say I'm a lobster person now.
In other news:
1. Work is super-fun, but like any job the days can be long and it can get a bit stressful. because of work, I now know how to make a friendship bracelet, I can jump into a pool without freaking out about how cold it is, I'm meeting some amazing people and I now have a constant craving for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
2. I've finally made my way through all the Angry Birds levels for the original and Angry Birds Space editions. I'm thinking Rio next, but I guess I'll just pace myself.
3. Course listings came out for school a few days ago. I've been having fun reading about all different classes and trying out different class schedules.
4. My dad started an evening softball team for my brother and other kids with special needs. We've been having a blast so far--they love it. I've only been to a couple games to help out as official catcher. Sometimes we have barbecues with the other families afterwards. Monday nights have never been more awesome.
5. Speaking of barbecues, Trader Joe's chicken apple sausage is pretty darn amazing. Try it.
Hope your week is going well!