Happiness is...

So a while back I came across this 100 Things post on Sofia's Journal. Here she identified, in a series of ten posts, 100 things that make her happy. I thought this was an awesome idea and saw that a bunch of other bloggers did this as well. I decided to try making my own list of 100 things that make me happy.

but honestly I just about had a panic attack when I finally sat down to write my first post. I wanted this list to be just right, you know? I wanted each one to be creative, exciting and above all true. but to choose just 100 things? I don't think I'm up for that challenge.

there are too many things to be happy about. and so while I was sitting there, trying to craft that perfect record of 100 things that truly make me happy, I realized how ironic it was that making a 100 Things list was kind of making me the opposite of happy.

So I decided to start...and keep going on. we'll see where it goes.

so, my inaugural post of 10 things (in no particular order) that make me happy:

photo from tumblr

  1. jumping off a diving board
  2. grocery shopping
  3. finally finishing a super-long exam
  4. reading on the beach
  5. singing at the top of your lungs
  6. climbing into bed after a workout 
  7. watching the sunset
  8. helping a stranger
  9. writing letters
  10. finding out your favorite boy band is coming out with a new album
what makes you happy?

thanks again, Sofia's Journal, for the inspiration! 

Labels: ,

/* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happiness is...

So a while back I came across this 100 Things post on Sofia's Journal. Here she identified, in a series of ten posts, 100 things that make her happy. I thought this was an awesome idea and saw that a bunch of other bloggers did this as well. I decided to try making my own list of 100 things that make me happy.

but honestly I just about had a panic attack when I finally sat down to write my first post. I wanted this list to be just right, you know? I wanted each one to be creative, exciting and above all true. but to choose just 100 things? I don't think I'm up for that challenge.

there are too many things to be happy about. and so while I was sitting there, trying to craft that perfect record of 100 things that truly make me happy, I realized how ironic it was that making a 100 Things list was kind of making me the opposite of happy.

So I decided to start...and keep going on. we'll see where it goes.

so, my inaugural post of 10 things (in no particular order) that make me happy:

photo from tumblr

  1. jumping off a diving board
  2. grocery shopping
  3. finally finishing a super-long exam
  4. reading on the beach
  5. singing at the top of your lungs
  6. climbing into bed after a workout 
  7. watching the sunset
  8. helping a stranger
  9. writing letters
  10. finding out your favorite boy band is coming out with a new album
what makes you happy?

thanks again, Sofia's Journal, for the inspiration! 

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 14, 2012 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

I love this idea... I tried to write out a 100 things list, and learned it is harder than I thought to come up with 100 things..

 
At July 22, 2012 at 6:14 PM , OpenID heycollegesreadthis said...

1. Receiving snail mail; not the College Board crap as much as handwritten letters from my pen-pal on the other side of the country.
2. Coming home after a long school day to freshly baked cookies; takes me back to my childhood.
3. Watching faces light up as I give friends baked goods.
4. Sharpie pens.
5. Long hot showers.
6. Discovering new, hidden websites.
7. Green tea.
8. Going on walks with friends.
9. The feeling of accomplishment.
10. Fuzzy socks.

 
At July 22, 2012 at 6:37 PM , Blogger Marisol said...

#5. ditto. this is why in college I take showers at 2 in the morning just so I don't have to worry about other people wanting to shower!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home