...to do in preparation for my brother's graduation tomorrow:
1. Pick up the tux. Which is way way easier said than done. So my mom called wanting to pick up my brother's tux a day early, to make sure it fit and everything (they always get the measurements wrong!) but then the guy said that he could not "guarantee" that the white jacket would be there in time for Saturday. We flipped. Some agonizing phone calls later and we decided we were not going to deal with this horrible customer service anymore and went straight to Men's Warehouse. They got us hooked up. :)
2. Buy the cigars. As graduation tradition goes, the guys all smoke a cigar while they are walking out of the ceremony, newly graduated. Though my brother doesn't smoke, he will still have a cigar tucked into his pocket. My dad's probably the most excited about this tradition. Nice excuse to smoke the occasional fancy cigar.
3. Deliver teachers' gifts. They have been part of my brother's special education program for 8 years. While there is no thank-you in the world that is big enough, we'll take a crack at it with some gifts and cards. One of my mom's favorite things to gift is a lemon poppy-seed bread wrapped in tin foil and then wrapped in a new pretty kitchen towel. That way the recipients not only have a delicious bread to eat, they also have something to keep.
*Tons more pictures on my Instagram! user: marisoldahl
4. Make dinner reservations. We decided on a place near the school that hired Devin during the school year to get some work experience. They have been incredibly good to him...and they also have amazing goat cheese potato skins!
5. Get a special gift for the man of the hour. He's gonna flip when he sees what we got him. It may also explain why his phone hasn't been working lately...hehe.
Happy weekend everyone! It's going to be a pretty busy and exciting on at the Dahl house!
And happy father's day to all the dads in the world!