November Highlights


Hey there!

It is so incredibly crazy that November is almost done. It’s quite sad really, because I think we got a bit gypped up here in the Northeast as far as November goes. The weather’s been hovering around the high 50s, low 60s all throughout the month. More than once I’ve felt like a fool walking around campus with my trench coat on, only to pass by some guy skateboarding along with only a pair of shorts on.

Meanwhile down in the South…

But anyway I thought I’d share some of November’s highlights…

Going home: The first half of November I was so very antsy. I think we all were—a weeklong Thanksgiving break was on the horizon and all we wanted to do was go home, sleep and rest. This is the first break since the beginning of the year, so we were all kind of burnt out (my school does not give holidays off, and we don’t have any sort of fall recess before Thanksgiving).

The hour-long car ride going home probably wins first place for most tranquil moment of November. It was just beginning to get dark, we were all packed up in the car, thankful to be warm after tailgating out in the chilly fields for hours.

It was lovely being back in my own bed, my room, my house. I slept, read, baked, shopped and pretended to do work. Just being home was a much-needed break.

I went into the city for a couple days. I’ve missed it so much. It really is pretty. 



Went to see how the tree's coming along. Scaffolding still up--they are still putting lights on for the big show (on tomorrow!). 

A week ago:



Christmas circa 2009:



What I’ve been watching:
·      Revenge. So amazing. I kind of want to be Amanda Clarke.
·      Old episodes of Gossip Girl. If I can’t be Amanda Clarke, I’ll settle for Blair.

What I’ve been listening:
·      Christmas playlist on Pandora. Don’t judge.
·      Anything instrumental.
·      “Crush” by Dave Matthews.
·      “Broken” by Lifehouse.
·      Anything Britney Spears.

What I’ve been reading:
Frankly, not enough I’m afraid. Reading is pretty much dictated by your classes’ syllabi. Some favorites have to be Kazuo Ishiguro’s Never Let Me Go, Isaac Asimov’s short story “The Bicentennial Man” (there’s a movie!) and Federico Garcia Lorca’s Yerma. My preferred work for reading pleasure during Thanksgiving break had to have been Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (by J. K. Rowling, if you live under a rock).

As you can see, I did not quite succeed in rereading the whole series over the summer. But that suits me very well, since rereading the fifth has gotten me into a very big Potter mood…

Which leads me into some of my web favorites for this month:

·      Best interpretation of Malfoy (besides Tom Felton, of course)
·      I am so obsessed with funny Harry Potter tumblrs. It’s a weird obsession, mostly tapped into at 3 in the morning while I’m working on an essay and need some sort of comic relief in my life.
·      I want this dress. It just happens to be $600 over my budget.
·      Proven writing inspiration.
·      I don’tknow, this is kind of adorable.

General Favorites:
·      Red nail polish.
·      Fires (in the fireplace)
·      Hot chocolate.
·      Old friends.

Hope you all had a happy November.

Now, onwards to December.

And it better be cold.

xx MD

Labels: , , , , , , ,

/* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November Highlights


Hey there!

It is so incredibly crazy that November is almost done. It’s quite sad really, because I think we got a bit gypped up here in the Northeast as far as November goes. The weather’s been hovering around the high 50s, low 60s all throughout the month. More than once I’ve felt like a fool walking around campus with my trench coat on, only to pass by some guy skateboarding along with only a pair of shorts on.


But anyway I thought I’d share some of November’s highlights…

Going home: The first half of November I was so very antsy. I think we all were—a weeklong Thanksgiving break was on the horizon and all we wanted to do was go home, sleep and rest. This is the first break since the beginning of the year, so we were all kind of burnt out (my school does not give holidays off, and we don’t have any sort of fall recess before Thanksgiving).

The hour-long car ride going home probably wins first place for most tranquil moment of November. It was just beginning to get dark, we were all packed up in the car, thankful to be warm after tailgating out in the chilly fields for hours.

It was lovely being back in my own bed, my room, my house. I slept, read, baked, shopped and pretended to do work. Just being home was a much-needed break.

I went into the city for a couple days. I’ve missed it so much. It really is pretty. 



Went to see how the tree's coming along. Scaffolding still up--they are still putting lights on for the big show (on tomorrow!). 

A week ago:



Christmas circa 2009:



What I’ve been watching:
·      Revenge. So amazing. I kind of want to be Amanda Clarke.
·      Old episodes of Gossip Girl. If I can’t be Amanda Clarke, I’ll settle for Blair.

What I’ve been listening:
·      Christmas playlist on Pandora. Don’t judge.
·      Anything instrumental.
·      “Crush” by Dave Matthews.
·      “Broken” by Lifehouse.
·      Anything Britney Spears.

What I’ve been reading:
Frankly, not enough I’m afraid. Reading is pretty much dictated by your classes’ syllabi. Some favorites have to be Kazuo Ishiguro’s Never Let Me Go, Isaac Asimov’s short story “The Bicentennial Man” (there’s a movie!) and Federico Garcia Lorca’s Yerma. My preferred work for reading pleasure during Thanksgiving break had to have been Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (by J. K. Rowling, if you live under a rock).

As you can see, I did not quite succeed in rereading the whole series over the summer. But that suits me very well, since rereading the fifth has gotten me into a very big Potter mood…

Which leads me into some of my web favorites for this month:

·      Best interpretation of Malfoy (besides Tom Felton, of course)
·      I am so obsessed with funny Harry Potter tumblrs. It’s a weird obsession, mostly tapped into at 3 in the morning while I’m working on an essay and need some sort of comic relief in my life.
·      I want this dress. It just happens to be $600 over my budget.

General Favorites:
·      Red nail polish.
·      Fires (in the fireplace)
·      Hot chocolate.
·      Old friends.

Hope you all had a happy November.

Now, onwards to December.

And it better be cold.

xx MD

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home