"The beginning is always today." - Mary Shelley

Hello there!

Happy Thursday to all. I love Thursdays. For me, it is the official start of the weekend and I really feel I can relax on Thursdays. Relax, and focus and set myself on a straighter path. Yes, I guess you could say I’m feeling quite well right now.

A couple things I am excited about today:


Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

I first read this book in tenth grade and absolutely hated it. It was reading for March break…so yeah I was that kid sitting at the Barnes and Noble café reading Frankenstein because, well, I had to.

But you know what? I’m ready to give it a second chance. I am determined to enjoy this book.

Besides…I love the feel of opening a fresh, new book. It’s not something I do often, since I get most of my pleasure reading books from the library. I typically only get new literature books for school. But not textbooks. Those I try to get second-hand as much as possible. They’re a bit expensive.


Britney Spears’s album, Femme Fatale & iTunes $7.99 albums

I love Britney Spears. Don’t make fun. Any girl my age spent her elementary years screaming “Baby One More Time” with her friends during sleepovers. Britney Spears will always be in.

Up until yesterday I had only downloaded a couple of her songs from her latest album…

But then I saw that her album actually went on sale on iTunes for $7.99. To complete my album, I had to fork over a mere five bucks. Definitely worth it.

But of course, if you are not a Britney fan iTunes has a whole selection of $7.99 albums…and the selection changes quite frequently, so I suggest you check them out!

See you tomorrow! xx
Marisol

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

/* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Thursday, October 20, 2011

"The beginning is always today." - Mary Shelley

Hello there!

Happy Thursday to all. I love Thursdays. For me, it is the official start of the weekend and I really feel I can relax on Thursdays. Relax, and focus and set myself on a straighter path. Yes, I guess you could say I’m feeling quite well right now.

A couple things I am excited about today:


Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

I first read this book in tenth grade and absolutely hated it. It was reading for March break…so yeah I was that kid sitting at the Barnes and Noble café reading Frankenstein because, well, I had to.

But you know what? I’m ready to give it a second chance. I am determined to enjoy this book.

Besides…I love the feel of opening a fresh, new book. It’s not something I do often, since I get most of my pleasure reading books from the library. I typically only get new literature books for school. But not textbooks. Those I try to get second-hand as much as possible. They’re a bit expensive.


Britney Spears’s album, Femme Fatale & iTunes $7.99 albums

I love Britney Spears. Don’t make fun. Any girl my age spent her elementary years screaming “Baby One More Time” with her friends during sleepovers. Britney Spears will always be in.

Up until yesterday I had only downloaded a couple of her songs from her latest album…

But then I saw that her album actually went on sale on iTunes for $7.99. To complete my album, I had to fork over a mere five bucks. Definitely worth it.

But of course, if you are not a Britney fan iTunes has a whole selection of $7.99 albums…and the selection changes quite frequently, so I suggest you check them out!

See you tomorrow! xx
Marisol

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 20, 2011 at 12:53 PM , Anonymous ThursdayNightRants (@ThursNightRants) said...

I can relate to this post; Frankenstein is an AWFUL read!
As a 'candy-floss' read, it's possibly one of the worst books I've ever written - some of the happenings are so ironic they're cringe worthy! -but as a novel to discuss.. That's a different matter. It's extremely rich, both contextually and structurally.
I'd advise you to read Frankenstein if you have the time to think about it (and people to talk to); it's only when you get deep into the novel can you appreciate why it has been highly regarded throughout history.

Good luck!

 
At October 20, 2011 at 12:55 PM , Anonymous ThursdayNightRants (@ThursNightRants) said...

Completely off topic - I can see what looks like Kazuo Ishiguro's 'Never Let Me Go' in the background. I was thinking of reading it.. Is it good? :)
Please check my blog if you have the time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home