Happy New Year!

Hey everyone!

I would just like to say that I marked the official start of classes at 11:35 a.m. when I…didn’t walk into my Spanish Lorca class on time. Instead those beautiful seconds full of hope and wonder were spent walking awkwardly up and down the hallway with the freaking campus map in front of my nose just trying to figure out if I was even in the right building. Seriously. There should be a language course taught just to master all the building codes.

Well, anyway. The first day of classes was a lot more hectic and complicated than I had expected it would be. And this all actually started a day ago, when I didn’t win the lottery for ANY of my English classes. Which meant I was up for three hours just trying to find some suitable and interesting class that I could take on Tuesdays and Thursdays that would not interfere with my plans of having Fridays off. And I found one! It’s just that all this stuff is swimming in my head, and I can’t seem to really get anything  straight.

But I do have to say: I am not afraid to flaunt my textbook–shopping prowess.

So, in honor of this New Year, I decided to make a Resolutions/Goals List. So here goes…

1. Become a master jay-walker. So any college campus will consist of various roads and traffic. The sign of a true college student (as opposed to a freshman who walks around with a campus map and freshman handbook) is that he or she walks fearlessly into the road, recognizing the perfect opportunity to jay-walk.

2. Stay ahead in my studies. I really think that is self-explanatory. Though you can totally understand my priorities seeing that jaywalking comes first on the list.

3. Expand the breadth and depth of my reading. I tend to read only certain genres/subjects of books. I just want to be a bit more…um, cultured in the things that I read and my literary knowledge.

4. Read the news more. Like, lots more. I’m in college now, and should really know these things.

5. Write more often. My goal is to really push myself this semester.

6. Eat in all the dining halls. Seriously, this will be an interesting thing to do. My university has over 13 dining halls. No joke. Lunch today, I went to a very secret one at the Slifka Center for Jewish Life—no lines, great food and you don’t have to be Jewish! They are so nice. I spent like an hour and a half there.

I’m sure I’ll thin of more resolutions later on, but for now I’m a bit busy. I ‘m really trying to get an on-campus job, and I’ve signed up for seven….just haven’t secured one yet and I’m really freaking out.

Also, note to self: order textbooks before the start of class, even if there is a two-week shopping period where you don’t even have to commit to any class. College book stores always have them overpriced, so Amazon is any student’s best bet.

I’ll be much more savy of all this next semester. (Let’s hope)

Oooh. and new latest obsession. So glad there isn’t a Free People near campus. This is just so pretty and I would never be able to afford it. Whenever I see something like this, I vow to become a millionaire when I grow up. How I will become a millionaire, I have no idea.

Until next time…

Ciao!

WAIT. Did I mention one of my potential class’s professors is the most hilarious Italian man. Just saying.

Labels: , ,

/* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hey everyone!

I would just like to say that I marked the official start of classes at 11:35 a.m. when I…didn’t walk into my Spanish Lorca class on time. Instead those beautiful seconds full of hope and wonder were spent walking awkwardly up and down the hallway with the freaking campus map in front of my nose just trying to figure out if I was even in the right building. Seriously. There should be a language course taught just to master all the building codes.

Well, anyway. The first day of classes was a lot more hectic and complicated than I had expected it would be. And this all actually started a day ago, when I didn’t win the lottery for ANY of my English classes. Which meant I was up for three hours just trying to find some suitable and interesting class that I could take on Tuesdays and Thursdays that would not interfere with my plans of having Fridays off. And I found one! It’s just that all this stuff is swimming in my head, and I can’t seem to really get anything  straight.

But I do have to say: I am not afraid to flaunt my textbook–shopping prowess.

So, in honor of this New Year, I decided to make a Resolutions/Goals List. So here goes…

1. Become a master jay-walker. So any college campus will consist of various roads and traffic. The sign of a true college student (as opposed to a freshman who walks around with a campus map and freshman handbook) is that he or she walks fearlessly into the road, recognizing the perfect opportunity to jay-walk.

2. Stay ahead in my studies. I really think that is self-explanatory. Though you can totally understand my priorities seeing that jaywalking comes first on the list.

3. Expand the breadth and depth of my reading. I tend to read only certain genres/subjects of books. I just want to be a bit more…um, cultured in the things that I read and my literary knowledge.

4. Read the news more. Like, lots more. I’m in college now, and should really know these things.

5. Write more often. My goal is to really push myself this semester.

6. Eat in all the dining halls. Seriously, this will be an interesting thing to do. My university has over 13 dining halls. No joke. Lunch today, I went to a very secret one at the Slifka Center for Jewish Life—no lines, great food and you don’t have to be Jewish! They are so nice. I spent like an hour and a half there.

I’m sure I’ll thin of more resolutions later on, but for now I’m a bit busy. I ‘m really trying to get an on-campus job, and I’ve signed up for seven….just haven’t secured one yet and I’m really freaking out.

Also, note to self: order textbooks before the start of class, even if there is a two-week shopping period where you don’t even have to commit to any class. College book stores always have them overpriced, so Amazon is any student’s best bet.

I’ll be much more savy of all this next semester. (Let’s hope)

Oooh. and new latest obsession. So glad there isn’t a Free People near campus. This is just so pretty and I would never be able to afford it. Whenever I see something like this, I vow to become a millionaire when I grow up. How I will become a millionaire, I have no idea.

Until next time…

Ciao!

WAIT. Did I mention one of my potential class’s professors is the most hilarious Italian man. Just saying.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At September 1, 2011 at 10:39 PM , Anonymous stressingoutstudent said...

Good resolution list, haha. Jaywalking? I don't believe I've heard that on anyone's resolution list before. Good luck with that and the rest of your goals :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home