Harry Potter + Bucket List #2

So, to cut to the chase July 15, 2011 was a really long day, starting at 12 :00 a.m. with the midnight showing of Harry Potter and ending, like all other days, at 2:47 a.m. the next day.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 was absolutely amazing. I’m no film critic, and I’m not even the biggest Harry Potter fan out there, but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and went through a mild depressed state when I finally realized that I will never ever see a Harry Potter movie again with fresh eyes. But I really am glad I went to the midnight showing, even if it did mean having to get up really early to go camp counseloring. The movie theater lines were incredible. We got to the theater at around 9:30 and played a ton of iPhone Monopoly during the wait (I have since bought the app for my own iPod touch. Seriously, as a camp counselor I’ve played more Monopoly than I have in my entire life, but those games have been lacking in…well, the cutthroat moves and healthy anxiety of losing a cool $11 million).
But back to the movie: I personally thought it was well-handled and well-developed. The best of all eight films, in my opinion. And Alan Rickman’s performance was fabulous.

Bucket List #2: See all of Alan Rickman’s films. I mean, the guy really is amazing, and not just for playing the greatest hero in Harry Potter so well. A hopeless romantic, I cannot get over the fact that Alan Rickman (now 65) met his partner Rima Horton when he was only 19 years old and has been with her ever since.

So the movie was epic, and what made it even more epic was the fact that I got to walk (read: march) around in a Potter-esque cape at 2:30 in the morning while looking for my friend’s car in the parking lot.
But unfortunately the rest of the day did not go nearly as swimmingly as the early morning. On July 15 I passed a very upsetting but nearly inevitable milestone in life: I got into my first car accident. And so, as far as car accidents go, it was no big deal. No one was hurt thankfully, and no major damage was done, but I myself got pretty upset about it. Firstly, I was backing out of a freaking parking space. I mean really. Now I am forever afraid of going in reverse. Grrrr. But secondly I didn’t have my cell phone with me. So I couldn’t call my mom to tell her that my run to the library was going to turn into a 40-minute affair. Not having my cell phone also meant that I’d be dealing with everything all alone and on the fly. So I did learn a great deal about car accident protocol and playing phone-tag with the insurance people (you know you’ve hit it big when you’re playing phone tag with insurance people and student loan people at the same time).
In other news I received notice of my first paid assignment today! It’s exciting news for me, even if the one who assigned the project is my own mother!
What I Learned Today: It’s okay to do math in pen. Especially when it is for a college math placement exam that everyone fails anyway.
Happy last week of July!
xx Marisol

Labels: , , , , ,

/* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Harry Potter + Bucket List #2

So, to cut to the chase July 15, 2011 was a really long day, starting at 12 :00 a.m. with the midnight showing of Harry Potter and ending, like all other days, at 2:47 a.m. the next day.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 was absolutely amazing. I’m no film critic, and I’m not even the biggest Harry Potter fan out there, but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and went through a mild depressed state when I finally realized that I will never ever see a Harry Potter movie again with fresh eyes. But I really am glad I went to the midnight showing, even if it did mean having to get up really early to go camp counseloring. The movie theater lines were incredible. We got to the theater at around 9:30 and played a ton of iPhone Monopoly during the wait (I have since bought the app for my own iPod touch. Seriously, as a camp counselor I’ve played more Monopoly than I have in my entire life, but those games have been lacking in…well, the cutthroat moves and healthy anxiety of losing a cool $11 million).
But back to the movie: I personally thought it was well-handled and well-developed. The best of all eight films, in my opinion. And Alan Rickman’s performance was fabulous.

Bucket List #2: See all of Alan Rickman’s films. I mean, the guy really is amazing, and not just for playing the greatest hero in Harry Potter so well. A hopeless romantic, I cannot get over the fact that Alan Rickman (now 65) met his partner Rima Horton when he was only 19 years old and has been with her ever since.

So the movie was epic, and what made it even more epic was the fact that I got to walk (read: march) around in a Potter-esque cape at 2:30 in the morning while looking for my friend’s car in the parking lot.
But unfortunately the rest of the day did not go nearly as swimmingly as the early morning. On July 15 I passed a very upsetting but nearly inevitable milestone in life: I got into my first car accident. And so, as far as car accidents go, it was no big deal. No one was hurt thankfully, and no major damage was done, but I myself got pretty upset about it. Firstly, I was backing out of a freaking parking space. I mean really. Now I am forever afraid of going in reverse. Grrrr. But secondly I didn’t have my cell phone with me. So I couldn’t call my mom to tell her that my run to the library was going to turn into a 40-minute affair. Not having my cell phone also meant that I’d be dealing with everything all alone and on the fly. So I did learn a great deal about car accident protocol and playing phone-tag with the insurance people (you know you’ve hit it big when you’re playing phone tag with insurance people and student loan people at the same time).
In other news I received notice of my first paid assignment today! It’s exciting news for me, even if the one who assigned the project is my own mother!
What I Learned Today: It’s okay to do math in pen. Especially when it is for a college math placement exam that everyone fails anyway.
Happy last week of July!
xx Marisol

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home